Our first version of the Inspire plugin is now available from the Moodle plugins database! Get it here:
See full documentation here:
Note: The initial 3.3-r1 version of the Inspire plugin has some limitations:
- This version is installed as a third-party plugin. Future versions will become part of Moodle Core.
- This version only reads activity logs from the standard log store. A log store selector will be added in future versions of the plugin.
- This version requires a site with previous completed courses, ideally using the Moodle course completion feature. This data is used to train the prediction engine.
- The prediction model included with this version requires that courses have fixed start and end dates, and is not designed to be used with rolling enrollment courses. Models that support a wider range of course types will be included in future versions of Inspire.
- Models and predictions are only visible to teachers and administrators at present.
We are continuing to enhance Inspire, and expanded capabilities will be released going forward. In particular, we still need data sets from a wide variety of Moodle-using institutions in order to be able to ship a working prediction model that does not depend on local site data before it can be used.