Impossible to get out of the Quiz: infinite loop

Impossible to get out of the Quiz: infinite loop

by Mahomed Ouedraogo -
Number of replies: 3

Hello !

I currently have a problem with the quiz setup !!.

Technical informations

Moodle version specifies: 3.2

PHP Version: PHP 7.0.10

MySQL Version: MySQL 5.7.14

Internet browser used: chrome, firefox

Precise description of the problem:

In the configuration of my quiz:

1st case:

When the number of attempts is limited, for example, to 1 and the learner reaches the number of attempts:

- if the student has to validate, one has automatically the button of return in course: OK (no problem                for case)

- if the student has failed it is impossible for him to start again:

what to do ?

What is the philosophy at this level?

Is there a parameter that I omitted, or is it the normal operation of moodle?

Is this the proffessor who must intervene so that the learner can resume?

2nd case

When the number of attempts is unlimited:

- whether the learner has validate or not, the loop is infinite: it is always asked to repeat the quiz!

How to set the quiz so that in this case the learner can have the button back in the event he validates the quiz?

Do I miss a parameter, or what is the moodle philosophy at this level?

Thanks for the help you could bring!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mahomed Ouedraogo

Re: Impossible to get out of the Quiz: infinite loop

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Case 1.  You have it set it to one attempt so that is all they get.  The philosophy is that the student either knows the content or doesn't.

Case 2.  Student should be able to return to the course page or try again.  I am not sure what you mean by validate?  Do you mean when they submit the quiz?

You cannot go back - maybe you should look at a different question behavior.  If you use the interactive mode, they can retry the questions within the quiz attempt.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mahomed Ouedraogo -

Hello again!!!

I come back to my question with great precision:

I understood for the first case and now my preocupation is the second case:

2nd case: when the number of attempts is unlimited:

- take for example a quiz score on 20/20

- consider that the learner has the score of 20/20,

When the learner clicks the "Finish Replay" button, the "re-test" button appears again !!!!!

For me, normally when the aprenant has had the required grade, he must continue in the course of the course !!!!

How to set the quiz so that in this case the learner can have the button "back to the course" in case the learner has obtained the required score to pass the quiz?

Is there a parameter that I have misconfigured, or what is the moodle philosophy at this level?

I know that the student can go back on his course through the link "my race", but I think it's not the right way!

In reply to Mahomed Ouedraogo

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Of course, every activity in Moodle has a link back to the main course page as part of the standard navigation. The quiz is no exception.

However, it sounds like you are asking for this change, which was requested long ago: MDL-46095