Changing Quiz settings once it has started

Changing Quiz settings once it has started

by Martin Hoare -
Number of replies: 1

Had a situation where two Quizzes were incorrectly setup:-  access (wrong year) and the activity section (hidden). These issues were rectified. However during both quizzes I was notified that the Learner's experience of the quiz was extremely slow after the quiz was open and accessed. On closer examination,  the Quiz set up showed two extremes, 60 questions on one page and 1 question on page.  What made it worse was there was a setime of 60 minutes to complete. Obviously the Quiz creator should have checked this.

My question: could I have edited the time allowance (increase) set for the quiz while it was being accessed by Learners?

Thanks

Martin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Hoare

Re: Changing Quiz settings once it has started

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes and no.

You can change the time-limit settings, and Moodle - running on the server - will start using the updated settings immediately.

However, the count-down timer in the user's web browser does not update until they move to another page of the quiz attemtpt (which is not very likely if all the questions are on one page, unless they go to the summary page, then back again). MDL-27570 is the feature request for doing something about that.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)