Editing a "Shuffle the choices?" option for an "In Use" Quiz

Editing a "Shuffle the choices?" option for an "In Use" Quiz

by Abdullah Hasan Tufail -
Number of replies: 2

Dear Moodlers!

I have a faculty member whose most questions in his quiz contains options like "Both A, B" and "neither A nor C". He forgot to un-check the shuffle option before quiz. 

Now, I have unchecked "Shuffle the choices?" option for that specific "In Use" Quiz. But options for such edited questions are not updating on student environment. 

Is there a way to update or that teacher has to grade grace marks for that questions.  

May be the time my question is answered, the quiz is over but hopefully it will benefit us all. If there is a thread for that specific issue, pls guide. I searched but did't got one. Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abdullah Hasan Tufail

Re: Editing a "Shuffle the choices?" option for an "In Use" Quiz

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Moving to Quiz forum...

In reply to Abdullah Hasan Tufail

Re: Editing a "Shuffle the choices?" option for an "In Use" Quiz

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Yep, problems with wording of answer when shuffle is turned on!

I have learned to edit these questions from something like "All of the above" to "All of these", etc.

For your problem, you simply have a bad question.  Maybe the best way to fix this (as you would on a paper-based quiz) would be to give everyone credit for this.

To do this in Moodle, I think that I would first edit the question in the question bank, and make all responses be 100% correct.  Then, I would go into the quiz and "regrade all."

There may be other ways, but this is all that I can think of right now.

(I actually like leaving shuffle turned on, and then getting rid of these bad questions.  You can delete this question (or move it to a "bad question" category and then then next time you use this quiz the bad question will not appear.)