Version 3.1.2 Manage Private Files block files deleted from app server

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 6
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Version 3.1.2 Manage Private Files block files deleted from app server

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Outa sync - ouch ... hurts.  

When you reference 'app server' ... what is that?

Same advice given in other thread ... find out which way it's out of sync ... verify and check again.

is it that DB has references to fiiles that don't exist in moodledata/filedir/xx/xx/contenthashname

or is that in investigation, you found orphaned files in moodledata/filedir/xx/xx/contenthashname

If one is unsure ... the db query that shows the content hash also should show it's humanly recognizable name.    If you have linux and access to the moodledata/filedir/ directory, one can use file -b [contenthashnameedfile] to get an idea as to what the file is/contains.  If you don't have linux/ssh, then maybe any tool that you have to browse files could do that - get info.

If it's a backup file there may not be another copy located anywhere.   In that case, think I'd be 'safe' and copy the contenthash named file out to another location ... outside of Moodle data by it's formerly known/humanly re-cognizable name and then remove the file and the DB references to them as well as the files.

As another poster discovered in the other thread, the first one found, in further investigation, led to others found.   Wash - rinse - repeat.

Boring ... repetitive ... but it's not going to sync itself! :\

An equally important question to investigate ... how/why did that happen?

Clear as mud, huh? sad

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

In reply to Deleted user

by Ken Task -

Are you the Moodle admin?   Reason I ask, that role might have some files .. backups of courses made for some reason .. in their private files block.

I take it you've turned on debugging,  then accessed that area (private files) or attempted to and that's when you saw the errors and thus began your investigation.

Turn on debugging again .. attempt to access or whatever .... and share back here what it shows, please.   I'd hate to give you any OK or advice that makes a situation worse.

In the db, draft should have been changed ot something ... so this could indicate a problem of a more serious nature ... I don't know that for sure (can't do Vulcan Mind Meld), but it doesn't hurt to determine that.

Do you see anyhing here:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-44679?jql=text%20~%20%22private%20files%20block%22

that looks like the same problem you are seeing?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

In reply to Deleted user

by Ken Task -

Well, that looks like 'orphaned records' - if that's the correct term ... point to nothing that exist.   By all means remove the rows.

Server is linux so you could install moosh.   Think there is a command to help with this.

http://moosh-online.com/commands/

file-dbcheck looks like the one you want. ;)

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task