I have this really, really weird problem, of which I can't seem to find an answer. hopefully you can help me:
I have 3 different Moodle environments, of which 2 have the plugin "local LTIprovider". lets call these provider A & provider B.
The third site is the consumer, so lets call it like that. Both provider sites are on the same server.
Both provider sites were Moodle 2.9, consumer site is 3.1.5. Both provider sites have the same course, and I created a LTI link with exactly the same settings for the both of them. When I put them in the consumersite, I can enter the courses with a student account. So far so good..
Now here comes the weird part:
After upgrading both provider sites to Moodle 3.1.5, when trying to enter the LTI course on provider A, I get the message "you cannot enrol yourself in this course". When trying to enter the same course on provider B, it enters the course normally. So I have a problem on provider A.
Steps taken to solve the matter myself:
- Reset all roles to their standard: no change
- Install "block_admin_preset" on both sites, export on provider B & import on provider A: no change
- On the server (I have SSH access to the server) deleted the code from provider A (except the config.php) and copied the code from provider B to the folder of provider A: no change
- Manually checked all settings in the course on both provider sites: the were all the same
- checked the links from local_ltiprovider on privder A and provider B: all settings are 100% the same.
As you might understand I'm kinda confused about this issue.. Do you have any ideas how to solve this?