Lesson: Maximum number of attempts 10

Re: Lesson: Maximum number of attempts 10

by Mr Juarez -
Number of replies: 0

I would like to be able to type in the maximum number of attempts AND additionally I would like to enter 0 which would mean unlimited number of attempts. What this would do is force the student to answer the question correctly.  Here is an example of how it would be used (Which used to work in older lesson version but no longer does).

Create a lesson with a short answer prompt. The student MUST type in the correct answer to move forward in the lesson. 

The regular expression feature would be enabled. If they type the right answer they move on to the next page, if they do not answer correctly they view the same page. This lesson path is ignored by the Maximum Number of Attempts setting because it allows a student for example to get the answer wrong 10 times and then it will move them forward. As a teacher I would like that student to eventually ask me for help vs guess wrong multiple times and move on to more complicated work only to circumvent getting the right answer with the Max number of attempts feature.