Quiz statistics - Download Full Report - Bug?

Quiz statistics - Download Full Report - Bug?

by Christina Krueger -
Number of replies: 4

All,

Regularly I download the full report of the quiz results (Quiz > Results > Statistics) to then analyse the question quality by combining the statistics per question over a number of years in Excel.

However, this year it doesn't seem to work.

I choose the download format xlsx:

Whether I open it directly or save it on my hard drive first, I always get this message:
'We found a problem with some content in 'Quiz name.xlsx'. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click yes.’

So I click ‘yes’. All I end up with is the quiz information in worksheet 1. No other information is included whereas in previous year, there were numerous worksheets, each of them containing the question data (distractors, how many answers, partial mark, frequency etc.) for one question each. This information is still available in the html report but then I can't really use that information for further analysis in Excel.

The csv version downloads ok as all data is shown in worksheet 1 but it does not show me the question ID (which is my key to cumulate data). The question ID was the name of the worksheets in the Excel file when it still worked.

The ods file is the same behaviour as the xlxs (as I'm using Microsoft Excel).

I tried to download the file, then open it with the ‘open & repair’ option, still the same.

Colleagues who are using a different network tried it as well and they get the same so it doesn’t seem to be a security issue.

The responses I can still download ok as an xlsx file.

Has anyone noticed or experienced the same problem? Is it a bug or is it just me?
I couldn't find a forum post / FAQ with regards to this issue.

We are using Moodle 3.1.3.

Many thanks

Christina

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christina Krueger

Re: Quiz statistics - Download Full Report - Bug?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The way to debug this is:

1. Turn on Debugging.
  2. Download the report.
  3. Rename the .xlxs file to .txt.
  4. Open it with a text editor. Most of it will probably be garbage, but there may be some plain-text error messages mixed in with the binary data, that might give us a clue what the problem is.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Christina Krueger -

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I followed your steps, thanks for the warning, there is indeed a lot of garbage.

But also plain warning messages:

"Warning</b>:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/httpdata/v-hosts/claas.barony.ac.uk/htdocs/lib/spout/src/Spout/Writer/Common/Helper/ZipHelper.php:214) in <b>/data/httpdata/v-hosts/claas.barony.ac.uk/htdocs/lib/spout/src/Spout/Common/Helper/GlobalFunctionsHelper.php</b> on line <b>252</b><br />
<br />"

I've attached the complete file, does this help?

Thank you,

Christina

In reply to Christina Krueger

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It is this issue: MDL-56046 - it got broken in Moodle 3.1, and no-one has fixed it yet.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Christina Krueger -

Thank you, I wouldn't have found that one!

It's kind of good to know it's not just me being incompetent but then it's also annoying as I heavily relied on this download...

I guess I will just have to keep an eye on it and hope it's fixed with a future update?

Many thanks again for your support,

Christina