Grade for Assessment Group Members

Grade for Assessment Group Members

by Ali Hastie -
Number of replies: 0

We have a project in which separate groups of students are tasked to create a practical task of presenting to the public.

As an idea that we have and before the students go public with their presentations, we wish for each group to video record their presentations. 

I know that the Workshop activity does not cater for group peer review processes at the moment, but our thinking (at the moment) is that a team leader within the group would submit the video to a Workshop activity where another group peer review their performance etc.  

My initial thinking was to allocate a team leader to another team leader, they make their comments for the submission and then the lecturer would analyse their peer review and then provide the peer review and the remaining group members with the same grade.

We are not looking to grade the submissions but wish to grade the assessments, for all group members. 

Here is what we are looking to achieve:

Submission Phase;

Peer 1

Peer Review Phase;

Peer 2

Grading Evaluation Phase;

OK, here are my questions...probably out of reach at the moment, but here it goes:

1. I gather that each student needs to be allocated to an individual student to be graded for assessment?

2. We only wish for the peer review to have a comments facility. Is there a way we can provide the lecturer with Rubrics for the assessment only?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Ali.

Average of ratings: -