quiz report

quiz report

by Melvin Shantz -
Number of replies: 6
This is probably a very common question but I have not found a response yet.

I use a lot of pattern match, essay, short answer and Cloze questions in my quizzes. I would like a nice neat report that shows me the question and all of the student answers for that question under it one after the other. The hope is to scan through and see if I have missed an answer that I should program into the answer key either for full or partial points. I find the current table that provides this information at this point hard to read where you often have a fair bit of text in a single cell making it tall and narrow. 

I am fairly skilled with Excel and can export the data and massage it into a readable report. It just has me spending time on manipulating data where I would prefer to cut to the chase a lot more quickly.

Maybe I have missed something here. Or someone has another solution or idea.

Tx in advance,

Mel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melvin Shantz

Re: quiz report

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It looks like you have already found the quiz responses report (Quiz administration -> Results -> Responses).

The other place to look is in the statistics report (Quiz administration -> Results -> Statistics). On the front page of the report is a list of questions. If you click on one of the questions, it takes you to another page that shows all the responses given for that question, grouped by whether they were marked right or wrong. That might work better for you. There is an option to download the whole reports as an excel workbook with multiple sheets, one for each question.

Also: I wonder if there is a way in the export code, to get it to make the columns a bit wider in the Excel sheet by default? Not sure if that is possible.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Melvin Shantz -

Thanks Tim for getting back to me. So in Quiz administration -> Results -> Statistics, it gives me a summary of the student answers for many of the question types I use such as Pattern Match as shown below.

However, the Cloze answers don't report, as shown below, which would be very convenient as there are often answer variations for that question-type that I didn't anticipate either for full or partial marks.

Mel

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, not all question types support the Response analysis feature (although most do).

It seems that Cloze does not. That is a pitty.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Melvin Shantz -

Thanks again Tim for replying.

So how does one encourage, promote, figure out or ask to get the response analysis feature to work with the Cloze question type. 

Tx,

Mel

by scott hallman -

Hi Mel another quick way we use is manual grading but I'm sure you're using that to mark them any way. YOu can load all the answers on one page and mark em all at once but this option we also then note the answers the auto marking has not picked up, grade em and then take a note to add to the answers