Drag and drop onto image - no feedback...?

Drag and drop onto image - no feedback...?

by Jason Hollowell -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hell all,

I've been experimenting with the drag and drop onto image question type and am very excited about the possibilities it presents...but am discouraged (or maybe just confused) about feedback options. It seems it is not possible to provide feedback about which items are correct and which are incorrect...?

If that is truly the case it seriously handicaps the question type, I think. For example, when administering a map quiz, students require feedback about which items they answered correctly and which they made mistakes on if the quiz is to help them improve their knowledge...

Is anyone aware of options (hacks etc.) to this question type that allow for item level feedback (correct, incorrect, right answer, etc.)?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance provided.

Regards

Jason

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Hollowell

Re: Drag and drop onto image - no feedback...?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The question type does show students which of their answers were right. What else do you want to show? I don't quite follow what you are asking for. Could you post a mock up of how you would like it to work?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jason Hollowell -

Tim,

Thank you for the reply. If the question type does show which answers were right then I am doing something wrong. I have a map which country abbreviations are to be dragged onto. I've tried various settings but none of the results in feedback...aside from the # correct and a line "not correct" that doesn't have a number next to it. I am attaching a screen shot from one such quiz.

Regards

Jason

Attachment Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 16.25.10.jpg

by Jason Hollowell -

The review options settings for this course are shown in the attached screenshot. This is a course taught by a teacher on my campus....he has experimented (under my supervision and by himself) attempting to get desired feedback and, as shown, has even tried turning everything on but is still unable to get desired results.

Regards

Jason

Attachment Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 16.28.35.png

by Jason Hollowell -

Tim, all,

Ok, sorry, I've just realized that he (the teacher) has "Interactive with multiple tries" turned on (see screenshot) which results in "Check" and "Try again". This DOES provide feedback...it's just not quite what was expected and thus went unnoticed. sad Sorry for the confusion. 

Using the "try again" removes the wrong answers and keeps the correct ones. This is sufficient for what the teacher wants and will work.

Sorry, again, for my ignorance and confusion. shy

Jason

Attachment Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 16.34.15.png

by Jason Hollowell -

Following up here...

Although the form of feedback I explained above is possible, we don't seem to be able to get correct / incorrect feedback, for example, after the attempt is finished...either immediately or later (with all review options turned on). 

Is it the case that we should be able to get information about which items were correct and which ones were incorrect in a drag and drop on image quiz after the attempt is complete?

Regards

Jason

by Jason Hollowell -
Ahh...sorry, I should back up and regroup. 

I thought I was getting feedback in my earlier post but I think I was mistaken as I hadn't answered all of the items. Just re-attempted and get only feedback about the number correct. See screenshot.

I'll spend some time fiddling before posting any more inquiries. blush

Jason

Attachment Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 17.35.37.jpg