Fordson - updated and now get blank screen after login

Fordson - updated and now get blank screen after login

by Duncan Higgons -
Number of replies: 10

I updated Fordson to the latest 1.44 version on moodle 3.2 and now i just get a blank screen with nothing at all loading. I can login after restarting the server and i get the plugin check if i change the fordson folder but nothing else.

Looking at the server logs there are no errors in apache or php

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Duncan Higgons

Re: Fordson - updated and now get blank screen after login

by Duncan Higgons -

After adding some error log code to config.php i have the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method theme_fordson\output\core_renderer::should_display_main_logo() in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/moodle32/theme/boost/classes/output/core_renderer.php on line 147

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you tried clearing caches?  Are you sure you are using the correct version?  There is a 3.2 and a 3.3 version of Fordson...

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Can you go into your data folder for moodle and delete the cache folder?  

In Fordson 1.4.4 we removed any duplicate functions not altered from Boost.  It appears Moodle thinks the function for the logo is still in Fordson?  I am not sure.  

On my dev sites for both 3.2 and 3.3 I can upload a logo with no issues.

The reason I think it is a cache issue is because in Fordson 1.4.4 there is no function for should_display_main_logo().  It was removed.  

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Duncan Higgons -

I've commented out that section and it allowed me to load pages again and purge all caches.

After reverting the logo section code on line 147 back to normal again however i got the same code, with the addition of this error.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/moodle32/theme/fordson/classes/output/core_renderer.php on line 634

Fatal error: Call to undefined method theme_fordson\output\core_renderer::should_display_main_logo() in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/moodle32/theme/boost/classes/output/core_renderer.php on line 147

by Chris Kenniburg -

This notice is something I will take a look at:

Trying to get property of non-object in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/moodle32/theme/fordson/classes/output/core_renderer.php on line 634

That line deals with adding a button to our Easy Enrollment plugin which is most likely not installed.

Are you making changes to the core Boost theme????  That is where the error is coming from.

by Duncan Higgons -

No I've not made any changes to either of them Chris

by Chris Kenniburg -

Which version of point release of Moodle 3.2 are you using?  Maybe there is an issue with the most recent update?

by Duncan Higgons -

Moodle 3.2.2+ (Build: 20170412) Version 2016120502.07 Stable version 

Should i update?

by Chris Kenniburg -

No.  I don't think that would be it.  I updated my dev site just in case and to see if that was the issue.  I am at a loss.  However, we did discover two issues and I fixed them.  A new version of Fordson 1.4.5 is being uploaded in a few minutes.

Maybe this might help.

Chris