Boost Child Theme course content disappears

Boost Child Theme course content disappears

by Brian Merritt -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

We have added a standard University of Kent bar at the top of our child of the Boost theme, which pushes down the Boost navbar.

Unfortunately, the net effect of that is when clicking on a course section in the "hamburger navigation section" the actual section title partly disappears under the Boost navbar.

I have looked at the jquery code and using the chrome bar looked for Event Listeners, but whatever is trapping the click function sadly is hidden to the point I can't find the code that selects where the course content section scrolls down to.

Any help on either pointing out which code (jquery? yui?) is trapping the click or how to find the event listeners in Chrome debug would be much appreciated!

Please see attached photo to see the effect.

Attachment Selection_039.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Merritt

Re: Boost Child Theme course content disappears

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Take a look at the :target css.

I discovered this the other day with our Fordson theme and when I added this to the Raw SCSS code box it seemed to help.  You might want to inspect you page and see what settings work best for your situation.  This might help get you started...

:target {

padding-top: 80px!important;

margin-top: initial!important;

}

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Boost Child Theme course content disappears

by Brian Merritt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

That was indeed part of the problem - but I noticed other items were also shifted up too far, so rather than change those variables I increased $navbar-height: 90px; 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I posted the above in case it helps anyone else :D