Error | Help me

Error | Help me

by Nuno Miguel Oliveira -
Number of replies: 14

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@lms.academia-edu.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nuno Miguel Oliveira

Re: Error | Help me

Good evening,

I report that my students are reporting the same problem I have.

The problem comes after I log in.

Until now

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

In response to PM ...

See Usman is in there ... will back out ... cept to share this info.

Like Usman, site is accessible to me - am in SA, Tx.

Did a quick curl test:

curl -I http://lms.academia-edu.net/
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

site is in /home/

Site does have varnish in front of it.    Varnish issue?   Dunno.   Can login as guest, but no courses available for guest ... does send me back to front page ... which is how it should act.

So .... ???? ... hickup?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ken, I always wait for your more accurate response and  this time it is as well. I did looked into their directories, and couldn't find HOME directory, the LMS directory is empty, I dont know for how long varnish keeps data for before flushing, but surely it can be the issue that you mentioned.

Nuno, can you request the varnish flush from your hosting?

In reply to Ken Task

Hello .. Good evening,

Having a hosting service that has a php 7.0 version and that supports unoconv, solr, unicode, mysql is a concern.

The service I have now does not support solr, and the cron works now does not work.

At this moment I do not want to go to a Moodle Partner I prefer to have a good hosting service and install and configure Moodle.

In this context your help is very important indicating me what you consider the best.

Until now.

Nuno

by Usman Asar -

Nuno, your frontpage working fine at my end, at that time you opened the site must have been some PHP error showing up, which it seems you're on PHP 7, which moodle version are you using?

You should have never considered Mocha host for its reputation.

In reply to Usman Asar

Hello!

I use php 7 The error appears when you are logged in. There is some possibility at this stage to copy the whole site without losing information and put it on another server. If your answer is yes, I ask you to indicate how and which is the best choice. Until now.

by Usman Asar -

Of course possible, but try working out the current issue first.

Ken mentioned varnish, which I had seen last time too, your URL points to HOME directory, but your directory index doesn't shows HOME directory but LMS directory. you haven't told which version of MOODLE you are using, as you're on PHP 7, but possible that your moodle version is old enough not to cater this version but older version.

Hello good day!

The problem is already outdated.

However I intend to recommend a hosting service for me to migrate my courses since I do not feel secure in Mocha.

What service do they recommend?

Is it possible to migrate to another hosting service without losing information?

Can you help me?

Thank you very much.

by Usman Asar -

Of course possible to switch to any other hosting without any hiccup and losing anything. I will only be able to assist in moodle, and not piwik (which at the moment I do not recommend for your site is new, keep using google analytic), also some factors that you must keep in mind about how many users will you be expecting? I had used plenty of hosting services that had been able to support moodle fine (shared ones) you can read about them HERE. but one common thing between all shared hosting is that they wont fix the table format conversion, for that you'll be getting a VPS or Dedicated server, which as your site show you dont need one right now.

In reply to Usman Asar

Hello good afternoon,

As you realize I'm not happy with the Mocha webhosting service.

The technical support was very bad and the problem was solved thanks to the help of the collaborators of this forum.

In the face of the above I need a webhoosting service that supports the Moodle platform, Wordpress among others for about 2,000 students.

I use version 3.2.3 of Moodle and intend to use 3.3 when I leave.

I want you to tell me the best service because I prefer to pay more and not have the problems I have now.

Explain to me how I can migrate my courses to the new platform without losing any kind of information.

You can help me.

I have ongoing courses and the system is unstable.

Thank you very much.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you are looking for a fully supported Moodle site, you would better off going with Moodle Partner that hosts and supports.  I believe many of them will migrate your site into their environment too.

However, if you are looking at finding a host for both Moodle and Wordpress (which are both open source software solutions), you will need to realize that they are not going to support the day to day setting and running of the sites.  However, they should be able to ensure that the webserver side and backend stuff are functioning correctly for you.  

You probably need to look primarily at the following - does the host support the php features that newer versions of Moodle need to fully function (unoconv, solr, unicode support for mysql for example)?  

In the long run, if you do not want to pay for Moodle hosting and support, you might be better off to get a VPS and then take care of all the server basics yourself.  At least this way, you will have the access you need and will not be reliant on a below average support team.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Hello .. Good evening,

Having a hosting service that has a php 7.0 version and that supports unoconv, solr, unicode, mysql is a concern.

The service I have now does not support solr, and the cron works now does not work.

At this moment I do not want to go to a Moodle Partner I prefer to have a good hosting service and install and configure Moodle.

In this context your help is very important indicating me what you consider the best.

Until now.

Nuno

In reply to Usman Asar

I select tmd hosting cloud.

You have a tutorial to migrate my moodle couses and students?

thanks

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Before anyone could provide you any info/tutorial, at the very least, platform of new hosting (Linux?  CentOS 6 or 7, Ubuntu) Windows? should be shared. 

Generally ...

Does TMD have a tutorial for their customers?   Many hosting providers do.

Don't use any hosting offer for scripted install of a moodle.  You want to migrate your site.

See: https://docs.moodle.org/32/en/Moodle_migration

for overview and how-2 ...

Prepare new hosting environment for versions of PHP, MySQL/MariaDB you need.

Moodle 3.2 has raised the minimum required PHP version to 5.6.5 - but might consider, since you are on a VPS now, installing at least PHP 7.0.x.

Your first challenge might be making a full site backup with current hosting.  You need a tar ball of the code directory, a tar ball of the moodledata directory, and an SQL dump of your database.

If you have shell access on current hosting, you could use scp to transfer those files to the new host.

Will you be moving the current site fully qualified domain name to the new hosting server?  If so, think I'd begin there ... getting DNS changed to point to new host.   Makes it easier to xfer your current site to new host and install.

'spirit of sharing', Ken