by William Stewart -
Number of replies: 5

PoodLL Filter 3.0.40(Build 2017050101)

Release notes

Change List
=========
Version 3.0.40(Build 2017050701)
-Added cloud notifications, removing need for cron job

Does this mean the cloud-based encoding is no longer needed for processing the audio? (if one had issues with it that is: we tried turning it off but had issues nonetheless while leaving it one avoided it as you described previously)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Stewart

Re: Just a quick question about 3.0.40

by William Stewart -

Justin,

Never mind! I posted this a bit before getting the Poodll Newsletter! Great work! I'm looking forward to testing it out at the start of our next quarter smile.

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Sorry to reply a bit late, though you replied yourself. 

It means that you still want to use cloud recording, but the long wait for the file to get converted and become available is basically a thing of the past. Using "refreshing players" and "cloud notifications" the recording will often be available as soon as the activity/page/post/whatever is saved. And failing that, they will be available when the player refreshes in roughly 15 seconds time.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by William Stewart -

Justin,

I'm looking forward to the changes. After reading some of the documentation-is there anything I need to do after upgrading the plugin to ensure that cloud notifications is enabled? In the newsletter you mentioned something about re-choosing a template (if my wording is off, my apologies).

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I guess we should say "upgrade" the template.  The refreshing players was something that we implemented within the template, ie its not really a core Generico piece of code. Since we do not update the player templates when you upgrade Poodll, the player template will not be altered. 

But the presets, that you can choose at the top of the Player template settings page, are updated. So you would choose the correct preset from the list, and the template on the page will be overwritten with values from the preset. Its a lot easier than it sounds.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by William Stewart -
Justin, Thanks for the reply. I was playing around with adding some Poodll Widgets (we don't really have any explicit use for them) and came to the conclusion that I just need to essentially re-select the audio template, and it will pull the new presets.

Yes, it's pretty simple: just reselect the template to load the new presets and save.

On the bright side, it's been cool playing around with the other widgets (e.g., dice, timer, countdown). I had to do some tweaking based of the way our theme interprets height and width (has to be in a style attribute), but simple enough to do.

I'll be doing a number of upgrades later this week when our quarter is officially over and I have a couple of days to get ready for the next!