I am new at using scales and competencies.
What I try to do is the following:
- One lesson in my course, addresses one competency. This competency is part of a framework, and uses a scale of 6 elements: from ignorant to master.
- After the lesson, there are several quiz-questions, to check if learners have understood. If they answer all (4) questions correctly, then the maximum they will be able to reach is the second level of the scale (out of 6).
What have I done?
- In the lesson, the grade is set to 'scale' (with maximum grade of 6)
- Grade to pass = 2.0
- One competency was assigned to 'course competencies'
- Each correct answer yields 0.5 points of the grade
- When the learner answers all 4 questions correctly, he reaches the maximum of the scale (6), not the second (2).
Can someone help me achieve the objective that I had set?