Fordson and Collapsed Topics

Fordson and Collapsed Topics

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Chris,

Fordson v1.4.4 on Moodle 3.2 with Collapsed Topics 3.2.1.1 (CT) has a conflict with the icons as attached.  CT does have a specific body class if that helps with a solution.

Gareth

Attachment CT_Fordson_32.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Fordson and Collapsed Topics

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Gareth,

I'll take a look Monday.  We attach that to the section or week title as you discovered.  Is there a way to make it not show up on collapse topics but still work normally?

If you can think of a way let me know.  I could get it in the next release.  Maybe in the Fordson settings in the dropdown for these icons I could make a blank/none option? Or I can put an on/off toggle as well.

Depending on your HTML maybe I could identify collapsed topics and do a display none for h3 section titles?

We like the icons for our purposes as it provides a visual cue for our learners.  

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Chris,

body.format-topcoll h3.sectionname:before {
    display: none;
}

as CT already has section title icons.  But only in 'All sections on one page', may need to think about 'One section per page'.

G

by Chris Kenniburg -

I will add this to the theme for release next week.  

Thanks Gareth.

by Chris Kenniburg -

I added this to the next release of Fordson.  Should be out and fixed soon.  Thank you.  

I have to admit, we've not ventured too far from the default course formats but this one is very, very nice!