Assignment 3.1.5 - Online Text Assignment - why does a blank PDF open?

Assignment 3.1.5 - Online Text Assignment - why does a blank PDF open?

by Meg Goodine -
Number of replies: 4

It doesn't seem logical to me that the PDF annotation tool should launch in the grader window when the submission type is set to online text and not file submission. Is there any way that the submission selection could trigger how the grader form is displayed?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Meg Goodine

Re: Assignment 3.1.5 - Online Text Assignment - why does a blank PDF open?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Meg. This is because, if the admin has installed something called Unoconv (as well as Ghostcript) then online text assignments may also be annotated in the grader window in the same way as uploaded files. If not, then unfortunately the grading window does appear in blank, but you should be able to collapse it from the little boxes bottom right:

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Meg Goodine -

Thanks. Yes, I do know about the ability to collapse the grading window. If that is the only workaround, users should be able to set this as a preference or is there a way to change the default setting from the admin end?

In reply to Meg Goodine

by Kirsten Konert -

Hi Meg,

I am also interested in setting the collapsed windows as default. I think it ist very confusing for our teachers if  there ist a blank page - obviously focused - you should not use .... I am sure they will write their feedback on this blank page instead of using the comment field.

In reply to Kirsten Konert

by Yvonne Hamilton -

I agree,

It would be nice to set the tool to collapsed state by default in the plugin settings.

Regards,

Yvonne