Automated backup Enabled setting is not saved

Automated backup Enabled setting is not saved

Jacki Soikis írta időpontban
Válaszok szám: 3

Hello,

We are using the Moodle for School/Mini package and when trying to setup the automated backup to Enabled, after saving the setting remains Disabled.

It is very important for us to back up our data automatically, so I’ll appreciate your quick response and help with this issue.

Thanks in advance

Értékelések átlaga: -
Válasz erre: Jacki Soikis

Re: Automated backup Enabled setting is not saved

Jordan Tomkinson írta időpontban

Hi Jacki,

We disabled automated scheduled backups due to everyone using it going over their site quota.

MoodleCloud packages have a relatively low disk quota, and backups eat into this extremely quickly.

Válasz erre: Jordan Tomkinson

Jacki Soikis írta időpontban

Hi Jordan,

This is very frustrating... It doesn't make sense to provide this package without the ability to backup the data and without documenting this limitation clearly!

I would be willing to pay more to have a larger quota and would expect Moodle to provide this option and manage the quota letting the user know when the usage is close to the limit and decide whether to buy more space or clean some old data.

As the above is impossible, I would like to cancel the 1 year package I paid for and get a refund, after I will manually backup the work I have already made. May I notify you when I want to do that?

Thanks

Válasz erre: Jacki Soikis

Jordan Tomkinson írta időpontban

You can backup your data at any time by doing a manual course backup, we have not stopped users from doing this.

If your site has 200mb of quota and you have a 100mb course, 1 backup of this course will put you close to your quota limit. If you had automatic backups on then you would be over quota after 2 automated backups and this is exactly what was happening to our users which prompted us to disable automatic backups.

At this time we are not able to offer additional storage space in our plans.

Our system already notifies you when you are close to or over your quota limit.

Refunds are considered on a case by case basis (as per our terms you agreed to), and you should submit a ticket via the Support tab in your MoodleCloud Portal in order to get this process started.