Teaching with Moodle

Preservice teacher help!

Picture of Amarylise Bessey
Preservice teacher help!

I'm a student and am just exploring Moodle for the first time.  I need to create a digital resource and I'm planning on creating a whole lot of resources in a Moodle course.  The one I can't work out is how to create a page where the kids could move things around on a page.  To be clear, I'd like to set up a page with key headings, like "my dependent variable is", "the things I need for this experiment are", and then have a bucket of things they can click and drag to the appropriate spots.  I'd like them to be able to at least print this out, preferably save it.  I'm a bit stuck on where to start!  I had thought I could embed a Google Slide but it embeds it as a presentation, not as an editable document.  Any ideas please?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Richard Oelmann
Re: Preservice teacher help!
Group Core developersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developersGroup Testers

Welcome to Moodle Amarylise :D

The drag and drop question type would probably be what you need to look at. That is a core question type in the Quiz activity. 

There is also the H5P plugin, but that isn't in core Moodle so I don't know if you would have access to it. 

Hope that helps 

Richard 

Thank you so much, that helps a lot.  I'm finding the software easy but the instructions very complicated!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Any idea how to turn off the "grading" - I've unchecked all the boxes but it still has "review attempt"

Picture of Marcus Green
Group Core developersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developersGroup Testers

Can you explain what you mean by the grading? Where were you unchecking boxes (screen shots might help if you can). Do you mean you don't want the students to see marks or that they don't actually get any marks?

With reference to your comment about the instructions being complicated, one of the problems is that people use different terms for the same thing so questions like yours are very useful to improve documentation. For example here in the U.K. we can use the term grading and marking interchangeably, and the Moodle documentation needs to be in many languages so it can get quite tricky. In the UK we take an exam, but generally in India people say they give an exam.