Possible to assign points to books (similar to assignments)?

Possible to assign points to books (similar to assignments)?

by Michael Hunter -
Number of replies: 1

Is there any way of assigning points, like an assignment, to a book?  Moodle version is 2.7 specifically. 

The reason I am asking, I want to have an assignment in which I provide a video on what needs to be completed with a point value associated to the assignment. But I like the organization of the books and being able to click from one video to another video. So I want to have an assignment to where I can be able to click from one video to another and assign points.

Any Suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Hunter

Re: Possible to assign points to books (similar to assignments)?

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Michael,

Books are resources and are not graded. As an alternative, you might want to check out the Content Pages (mod_icontent) activity. It can be set up as a graded activity and has a table of contents for navigation, just like the TOC for books.

It has a lot of capability that makes its pages resemble and behave like slides in presentations. The grading is from points earned when answering questions the teacher includes on various pages. Questions can come from your regular question bank although not all types of questions are currently supported.