Wanted: A plugin that controlls maximum number of courses that can be taken by a user

Wanted: A plugin that controlls maximum number of courses that can be taken by a user

by Sebastian Heinrichs -
Number of replies: 4

Hello!

I am running a moodle server for a high school in Germany (Gesamtschule). Our Moodle platform is dedicated to only one thing: The kids have to pick weekly a class from a range of self-organized classes. Each week they have to decide and enrol. This has been running now quite smoothly for almost one year. There is only one thing that is a bit of a hassle. Technically, they can enrol in more than one class, which I then have to reduce to one. Sometimes kids do that unintentionally, but there is also the chance of disrupting the system intentionally. 

That process of correction is a little tiresome and it seems to me it could be solved by a simple plugin that allows you to set the maximum number of courses a user can enrol in. Our setting for that plugin would be "1" then, since the kids can only be in one class at a time. 

Roaming the net, I found that there are others like me that would appreciate such a function. 

Can it be done? Who should I approach? Or is there actually already a function like that?

Any help appreciated!

Sebastian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sebastian Heinrichs

Re: Wanted: A plugin that controlls maximum number of courses that can be taken by a user

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You could advertise on the Moodle jobs page for a developer or put it in the Moodle Tracker?  Alternatively you could also try the Moodle Users Association (moodleassociation.org).  The last two options are not quick solutions but might save you money!

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Wanted: A plugin that controlls maximum number of courses that can be taken by a user

by Sebastian Heinrichs -

Hello Emma,

thank you very much for these tips.

I registered on Moodle Tracker and found that my request was already registered by someone else:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-57164

What a shame, though, that it has not been developed yet.

In reply to Sebastian Heinrichs

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you didn't already, be sure to vote for it.  They do look at the number of votes when looking at new features.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Sebastian Heinrichs -

Good idea, I just voted! And now... everyone else vote! ;)