How to get rid of these grey bars?

How to get rid of these grey bars?

by David Robertson -
Number of replies: 9

Can anyone help me with removing these two grey bars? They are just too ugly for me. Thanks

(Edited by Mary Cooch to remove personal details - original submission Monday, 1 May 2017, 2:00 AM)

Attachment Corporate and Institution Training in Japan  Administration  Appearance  Additional HTML1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Robertson

Re: How to get rid of these grey bars?

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Well, certainly a Themes related question...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I am just moving this to the Themes forumsmile

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Theme? Version? (Looks like Adaptable?)

Moodle Version?

Which grey bars? The divider lines between sections? The scroll bars on the content you've added? The footer?

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I guess the OP means the grey background on breadcrumbs and the bit around the Save changes button, but that's just me... And it does look like Adaptable. Shouldn't be too hard to find... Inspect the elements in your browser to start with...

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

As indicated in the forum rules, to get support you must post your moodle and, in this case Adaptable version. Please, next time read before post a question.

Depending the Adaptable version used, you can remove the "ugly grey" breadcrumb (that's its name)  background from the theme settings.

If the other "ugly grey" bar is the Save button background (next time a screen shot with indications will help) then you should do it by yourself using the Inspector, or Firebug, and adding the style in the Custom CSS box to change or remove the colour.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Sorry that you are not familiar with the Forum Rules for the Themes forum, since you posted this in another forum, so I will let you off the hook!

If you add this to your Themes Custom CSS setting found in the General settings of your theme, then the gray backgrounds will vanish on that page.

.breadcrumb, .row { background: 0 none; }

However, we cannot stress enough as there are many versions of Moodle and many themes and versions of themes, so helping you makes it easier if we know these things first hence our Forum Rules:

Themes forum information

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

As far I can see you are using at least version 1.3 so you can change the colour from the Colours settings section.

The "ugly bar" in the bottom is a default moodle colour (not from Adaptable) that can be changed adding this CSS snippet in the Custom CSS box:

.form-buttons {background-color: transparent;}

You can use transparent to show the theme background colour or add any other colour code.

by David Robertson -

I do apologize. 

The theme is adaptable, build number 3.2.2.

It is those two bars down the bottom, where it says Moodle Docs for this page

While I do not mind the Moodle Docs for this page being there, the bar above (They look like twins) is what I want to remove. I do not see the point in having two bars there.

Thanks again for all your help.

David