Icons keep shrinking on the Moodle Course page.

Icons keep shrinking on the Moodle Course page.

by Phil Biggs -
Number of replies: 4

We are running the latest version of Moodle 3.2, using the Fordson theme (based on the Boost theme).  We have succeeded in moving the Activity Completion block from the right side of the screen to the left so our younger students notice it more and can more quick associate it with the assignment (who ever thought that putting it WAY over on the left side was the right place, anyway?).  However, that has caused the assignment/module icons to shrink down to next to invisible size.  Our visual learners like as many clues as possible, so we'd like to bump these back up to full size.  I suspect this is due to the responsive design, but I'm at a loss as to where I can go change the min-size of these icons, if I can at all.

Any help with this would sure be appreciated.  I've attached an image to illustrate the problem.

Attachment moodleIcons.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Phil Biggs

Re: Icons keep shrinking on the Moodle Course page.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That's a CSS issue which happens. There has been a call to do this for as long as I can remember...but something in the way Moodle is built stops us from doing just that. Moving from right to left.

The only way to correct this is to target the icons and give them some styles for width and height and perhaps some padding as they will not have any as the original styles will not be taking effect.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Phil Biggs

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Phil,

I really like the idea of the checkboxes on the left.  It totally makes sense when you think about how you use a checklist.  Especially for K-12.

Mind sharing what changes you made to make this happen?  I'd like to tinker and see if I can't help.  If I can fix the icon shrinking then maybe I could include this in the theme.

Thanks,

Chris

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Those checkboxes always seem to cause me grief too.  I use a tiled format for my activities and it seems like I have to adjust my css for the checkboxes on every upgrade!  I like the idea of them on the left though too with the regular activity listing- I think that makes more sense for all ages...did you use a float left to move them or something more precise?