command ctrl+y deletes text in Atto

command ctrl+y deletes text in Atto

by Peter Liljedahl -
Number of replies: 4
Hi!

The command ctrl+y deletes text in the texteditor!?  I don´t know if this is a well known issue already and if there is someone working on this already. 

Some of our users are using ctrl+z to undo and ctrl+y to redo. But when they type the command ctrl+y one time to much all the text will be deleted and doesn´t come back with ctrl+z. One other mistake users can do is mistakenly type the command ctrl+y when they were going to type the upper letter Y. 

When students or teachers ar typing longer texts this can be a huge problem. Right now we are making important tests with the Moodle Quiz and SafeExamBrowser. So we have to tell the students to save (Next-button) often due to the problem with ctrl+y

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Liljedahl

Re: command ctrl+y deletes text in Atto

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

This is interesting, Peter.  Thanks for posting.

For what it is worth, ctrl-y in Microsoft Office products has a very important function: Repeat what I just did!  If you are a Word or Excel user, learning this ctrl-y keystone become very important.

So I am one who would personally favor the ctrl-y function in ATTO doing something else.

I just started using ATTO and am always thankful to learn more about its capabilities, and quirks. And I do see improvements being made to it (such as ctrl-k being "make hyperlink.")

Average of ratings: Useful (1)