Access My moodle site on LAN (Intranet) without internet

Access My moodle site on LAN (Intranet) without internet

by lalit thakur -
Number of replies: 6

Hello sir,

i am using moodle 3.0 and it will install in my local server and all student of university give exams of that server , 
But Problem is that when internet goes down or disconnect then moodle site is open in around 3-5 min . it means it take more & more time open a page so student are not able to give exam on that server.

so i want to help that what should i do on my server so all student can access moodle with out internet only on LAN

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lalit thakur

Re: Access My moodle site on LAN (Intranet) without internet

by lalit thakur -
any one can help me to resolve this problem
In reply to lalit thakur

by Moodle Admin -

You should install a secondary DNS server which will be a fake DNS and it will work when the WAN internet is gone. 

And also you should configure the lab computers secondary DNS server as the fake DNS server IP This will solve your problem. 

In reply to Moodle Admin

by lalit thakur -

moodle admin, acully i have my local server i use that server as locally on local ip address and my university connected through LAN (i have week knowledge about networking ) and also all student use internet in this lab , now when moodle exam start then if internet coming then all is well, but when internet down then moodle site not open or open in 4-5 min

but it should me start from locally bcz i have storeed on local server with local ip so it would we connected ny LAN and there is no need of internet

and i am using moodle by local ip (172.16.45.48) this is local ip

so what should i do to resolve this problem 

Thank You

In reply to lalit thakur

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Lalit, have you routed DNS records to the server? rather than accessing it locally using local IP address?

Internet going down in 2017? if it would have been dial-up age, I would have understood, how come internet is so unreliable that it goes down often.

In reply to Usman Asar

by lalit thakur -
Usman asar, acully i have my local server i use that server as locally on local ip address and my university connected through LAN (i have week knowledge about networking ) and also all student use internet in this lab , now when moodle exam start then if internet coming then all is well, but when internet down then moodle site not open or open in 4-5 min

but it should me start from locally bcz i have storeed on local server with local ip so it would we connected ny LAN and there is no need of internet

and i am using moodle by local ip (172.16.45.48) this is local ip

so what should i do to resolve this problem 

Thank You

In reply to lalit thakur

by umesh chavan -

Hello lalit,

I have been using Moodle on LAN, for various features of moodle, Thanks to MOODLE community.

We have installed Moodle using WAMP and XAMPP, 2 instances.

The webserver DNS are the DNS of the Doamin sever from where we distribute the internet.

EX. 192.168.0.1--Domain sever

192.168.0.253--Moodle Server

DNS -- 192.168.0.1 and 8.8.8.8, this DNS is on each PC.

So it works fine without internet, yes we have theme installed for which it requires internet, as it links to the google fonts.

I think this will help you...