General developer forum

Please share with your ideas: research question on chatbots

Picture of Inkar Alshimbayeva
Please share with your ideas: research question on chatbots

Hello! I am a research student of Doshisha University, Japan.

Currently, I work on a project where I analyze the ways of enhancing the online education, trying to find ways on stimulating students' motivation on online platforms. 

One of the ideas is to enable online courses with Chatbots.  These are computer programs that can mimic people's conversations through AI. They can help students with:

Answering questions on syllabuses

Assisting educators in many different ways

Provide surveys

Setting reminders

Encourage students to continue online studies (simulating in-class talk with classmates) etc. 

Basically, everything could be programmed as part of chatbots functionality. 

I would be grateful if you could answer these questions (even briefly) just to give me an idea on educator's perspectives on chatbots on e-learning?

1. Do you think having chatbots  would enhance online learning? 

2. It would help to solve what problems of educators?

3. Would you want to have one as part of your online platform? 

Thank you for your comments in advance! Any feedback would be very valuable for my research!

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Andrew Chambers
Re: Please share with your ideas: research question on chatbots

1. Do you think having chatbots  would enhance online learning? 

Yes, and they are already in use at some Australian universities for answering admin questions around enrolments and course details. I think that this could easily extend to in class use and support facilitation of admin aspects of the course and even teaching.

2. It would help to solve what problems of educators?

Workload. Most are time poor. Having an able assistant to answer enquiries and take part in the class can only be of help.

3. Would you want to have one as part of your online platform? 

Yes, we use Moodle, online courses, and a mix of fully online, face to face and more blended modes of teaching. The online courses in particular could benefit from increased interaction with an admin/teacher who can answer basic questions about the course, it's content, even its assessments and activities.

Hope this helps. Would type more but it is after midnight here in Sydney.

Picture of Margarita Hualme Cruz
Re: Please share with your ideas: research question on chatbots

Hi! saludos from Chile. I´d love to incorporate a ChatBot for helping educators to solve problems on moodle. Did my first try with a 15 days free trial made for business and it worked really good.  

But still haven´t found a chatBot full by free, so I need your help.

Thank´s