Cannot add a SCORM

Re: Cannot add a SCORM

by A Guy -
Number of replies: 1

Thanks Ken. I cannot say what the process for adding a SCORM is in Moodle as I have not traced it to date. But I can say that this exact same pkg file was successfully added to our dev instance. So there must not be anything wrong with it. Our prod and dev are exactly the same except our databases. So it must be an issue somewhere in there. I will just roll up my sleeves and debug it the old fashion way today as it is Saturday and not many users are on that site. Since it is prod it has to be done today.

This company is doing something that most other companies are not--they are starting the migration away from Moodle to a fee-based system. So I cannot justify them spending money at this point in sync'ing up the dev and prod. I"m just trying to keep them limping along with until the switch over.

If I find something interesting I will report it here. Thanks for your feedback.

In reply to A Guy

Re: Cannot add a SCORM

by A Guy -

So after manually tracing the process from file to file and function to function I tried one more time to run the "problem" sql in workbench. MySQL didn't really give me a clue before. This time it said the error was "near" "manifest" in the fieldset values in the SQL. So I put the backticks on the SQL statement and it executed like the bug Dan pointed out above. So then I ran the patch itself instead of just trying to manually make the changes which "broke" Moodle. The patch failed on one point but I tried the SCORM pkg and it worked. They are going to regression test the site to make sure there are no other issues.

So thanks for this. BTW I asked AWS how much time/money it would cost to switch from Aurora to MySQL. They said there is not straightforward way to do that. That I would have to dump Aurora and then do a manual import set up into MySQL. If you went the other way (from MySQL to Aurora) there is a conversion tool to do it for you. Just FYI . . .

Thanks for all your help . . . I'm pretty sure I would have never figured out "manifest" was a reserved word in AWS Aurora DB. And if it is still a problem for us I would think the Moodle bug should be implemented. I saw it wasn't going to be because of a statement from AWS on their fix.