Moodle Mobile additional features and remote mobile plugins not working together

Re: Moodle Mobile additional features and remote mobile plugins not working together

by Joanne Pepper -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Juan,

Sorry to interrupt mid thread, but I am also experiencing the same section error when accessing ‘Enable web service for mobile devices’,  with the latest 3.2 version of the plugin installed 3.2.321 (2016102601) on Moodle 3.2 (build 20170313).

I also receive the following error message accessing the same Moodle instance using the mobile app with SSO authentication enabled, and the login type set to 'login via a browser' (which incidentally was working well before upgrading to Moodle 3.2).

‘Not Found  

The requested URL/local/mobile/launch.php was not found on this server.’

Could the two the issues be connected?  I would greatly appreciate any advice you may have.

Many thanks,

Jo

In reply to Joanne Pepper

Re: Moodle Mobile additional features and remote mobile plugins not working together

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

have you checked if your Moodle Mobile app is updated to the latest version?

Furthermore, if you are using Moodle 3.2 you shouldn't need the local_mobile plugin, the reason is that in Moodle 3.2 is supported natively SSO (go to Mobile settings to enable it)

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Joanne Pepper -

Hi Juan,

Many thanks for the advice.  I have installed the latest version of the Mobile Moodle app, but the issue remains.  I will pass on your comments regarding the local_mobile_plugin to our host providers.

Kind regards,

Jo