Moodle Mobile additional features and remote mobile plugins not working together

Moodle Mobile additional features and remote mobile plugins not working together

by Neill Magill -
Number of replies: 10
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This maybe something I'm doing wrong (or a quirk of doing this all on my local development server), but when I enable the 'Moodle Mobile additional features' plugin's web services on my development Moodle 3.2 remote mobile plugins seem to stop working.

When I disable the web service they start working again.

Details of my environment:

• Moodle 3.2.2 (Build 20170313)
  • Moodle Mobile additional features 3.2.321 (2016102601)
  • Windows, IIS, PHP 5.6
  • Moodle Moblie App running locally via Chrome in Dev mode

Has anyone else had this issue?

I was trying to get them to work together to see if string customisation would work with remote plugins.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Neill Magill

Re: Moodle Mobile additional features and remote mobile plugins not working together

by Neill Magill -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I have had some additional thoughts about why this is happening and suspect it is because the remote mobile plugin's web service endpoints are part of the official mobile web service and not the additional mobile features web service.

It looks like I need to add 'local_mobile' to the 'services' entry of the plugins services.php file.

In reply to Neill Magill

Re: Moodle Mobile additional features and remote mobile plugins not working together

by Neill Magill -

Now that I have got my plugins working with the additional mobile web services, I can confirm that string overrides work with them.

In reply to Neill Magill

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Logan Thomison -

Has the set up for Additional Features changed with the latest release? My environment is up-to-date but I do not see the ability to make modifications like changing the items listed in the left navigation. 

In reply to Logan Thomison

by Logan Thomison -

I receive a section error when I Check plugin configuration > Enable web services for mobile devices. 

In reply to Logan Thomison

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Logan,

which error? have you installed the latest local_mobile plugin version for your Moodle version?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Logan Thomison -
Hi Juan,

Not sure what was going on. Everything was current with the 3.3 but things cleared up when I upgraded my site to 3.3.1 today. I appreciate the work.

Logan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Joanne Pepper -

Hi Juan,

Sorry to interrupt mid thread, but I am also experiencing the same section error when accessing ‘Enable web service for mobile devices’,  with the latest 3.2 version of the plugin installed 3.2.321 (2016102601) on Moodle 3.2 (build 20170313).

I also receive the following error message accessing the same Moodle instance using the mobile app with SSO authentication enabled, and the login type set to 'login via a browser' (which incidentally was working well before upgrading to Moodle 3.2).

‘Not Found  

The requested URL/local/mobile/launch.php was not found on this server.’

Could the two the issues be connected?  I would greatly appreciate any advice you may have.

Many thanks,

Jo

In reply to Joanne Pepper

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

have you checked if your Moodle Mobile app is updated to the latest version?

Furthermore, if you are using Moodle 3.2 you shouldn't need the local_mobile plugin, the reason is that in Moodle 3.2 is supported natively SSO (go to Mobile settings to enable it)

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Joanne Pepper -

Hi Juan,

Many thanks for the advice.  I have installed the latest version of the Mobile Moodle app, but the issue remains.  I will pass on your comments regarding the local_mobile_plugin to our host providers.

Kind regards,

Jo