Quiz timing in Mobile app

Quiz timing in Mobile app

by David Campbell -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

We have had severals students say that when they try to take a quiz using the official mobile app they are only given a few seconds to do the quiz even though allowed time is much longer. They are using iPhones (the latest os), and the Safari browser. We are using Moodle 3.2.2. I haven't seen this in the tracker or a in my quick check in this forum. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Campbell

Re: Quiz timing in Mobile app

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello David,

that's really weird. Were you able to reproduce the problem? Maybe they started the attempt by mistake and, after that, they actually resumed the attempt instead of starting a new one...

Also, those quizzes cannot be attempted in offline, right? Moodle shouldn't allow you to allow offline if the quiz has a timer, but I'm still asking just in case.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by David Campbell -

Dani,

Thank you for the response. I have been able to replicate the problem. For some reason the mobile app is knocking off 3 minutes. My first quiz had a three-minute time limit and the app only gave me 49 seconds. The next time I upped the quiz time to 10 minutes and the app gave a little over 7 minutes. (See the two screen shots.) I tried a 5-minute limit and the app gave me a little under 3 minutes.  

Students may not notice this normally because most quizzes will have a longer time limit. 

Attachment 10 minute limit.jpeg
Attachment 7 minutes.jpeg

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi David,

the only way to try to understand what is happening would be with a real user account in your site (with access to one of those quizzes)

If that's possible, you can send us the credentials to mobile@moodle.com (referencing this post in the body of the message)

Juan

by Tavis Bogue -
Did you find a solution? I am experiencing the same issue with the mobile app.
In reply to Tavis Bogue

by David Campbell -
Tavis,
It seemed to solve itself after updating to newer versions of the mobile app and Moodle. What version are you using?