Front page is collapsing 3.2.2

Front page is collapsing 3.2.2

by David Robertson -
Number of replies: 5

Hey super people

I installed a collapse plug in, but when I go to trainingjapan.org, the first course is not collapsed. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks

Attachment Screenshot 2017-04-24 at 9.06.21 AM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Robertson

Re: Front page is collapsing 3.2.2

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

The frontpage is not controlled by Collapsed Topics.  There may be a few places/settings to get your desired effect.

Go to Site Admin | Frontpage |Frontpage Settings |  and try the two settings that I show below. 

Attachment frontpage settings.jpg
In reply to Rick Jerz

by David Robertson -

Thanks, that cleaned it up.

Now I have a problem with this, the whole description shows up, any way to collapse this?

Thanks

Attachment Screenshot 2017-04-24 at 10.30.04 AM.png
In reply to David Robertson

by Rick Jerz -

Your question is driving me crazy.  Below you will see that my Frontpage courses have a clickable icon for displaying course summaries.  However, I cannot find the setting that allowed me to do it this way.  Maybe someone else will know (Mary C.)?

I do see this feature described in the Moodle docs, but the docs don't say where to find it.

Attachment Moodle Not Logged In.jpg
Attachment Summaries.jpg
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have a look in Course FAQ

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rick Jerz -

Okay Mary, seems to be a combination of using Combo List for ???, and then to set the Site Admin | Appearance | Courses | Courses with summaries limit to something small, like "1".

David, take note.  Let us know if it is now working for you.

Mary, here is the odd thing.  I get these Info icons on my front page even though I have "Courses with summaries limit" set to 10, and I do not have 10 courses visible on my Front Page (in fact, I only have 5 courses visible.)  I wonder if this setting also has some interaction with hidden courses, since I do have many of my old courses hidden. (Someday, I will have to experiment.)