Displaying data from other database

Re: Displaying data from other database

by Anton Hollands -
Number of replies: 3

The best would be a complete interaction between the two platforms (with shared logins and gradings), but since my internship is almost ending I will not have the time for that anymore.

I now just managed to make a block where I display the information I want (Hurray!), but I will definitely take a look at your suggestions for Local_plugins and the Database_activity!

Thank you very much :D

----------

Ps: Do you have suggestions for the quiz-part where a user can choose from a dropdownlist which is filled with external database content? 

In reply to Anton Hollands

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

If you got it working as a Block then you don't need a Local plugin.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Anton Hollands

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, if you are able to get the scores, and display them in a block, then the next step would be be to automatically insert them into the gradebook. You don't need a quiz for that. You can just use the gradebook API.

First, you need to find the grade_item to use (and, if it does not already exist, create it automatically). Then, set the grade for each user.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Anton Hollands -

Tim, your suggestion is good but I don't know which user from Security Shepherd corresponds with what user in Moodle. It is the users own responsibility to choose the same username (I know this is not user friendly, but at the moment it is my last resort)

But still, I might look into that when I finish the remaining assignments at my internship. My coach is happy for the moment with the way that I designed it.

Thank you very much! big grin