i dont want to give 100% to my students if they answer all the 10questions right

i dont want to give 100% to my students if they answer all the 10questions right

by Quantum Drive -
Number of replies: 5

HI

Using 3.2 version

I have the 1st quiz where student gets 100marks for answering all the questions right so he gets GOOD

if he answers between 70marks to 90marks then he gets OK

If he answers less then 70 marks then he gets BAD

So now i want to make one more quiz for students who got OK and BAD grade.....but if they answer all right on the 2nd quiz i want to keep maximum grade as OK and not GOOD.

And if they answer less then 90% on 2nd quiz then they will get BAD grade.

Help me out with this

Thank you  

In reply to Quantum Drive

Re: i dont want to give 100% to my students if they answer all the 10questions right

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This is a grade book question so I am moving to that forum.  You are going to need a custom calculation for the second quiz.  Or perhaps the two quizzes need to be in a category and then the category needs the custom calculation - that might work better.  

Re: i dont want to give 100% to my students if they answer all the 10questions right

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Quiz settings allow you to customize what feedback they get (overall feedback and review options).  You decide what they get. Grade boundary in overall feedback should be just below the actual boundary...so my quizzes have a 70% expectation, my boundary is 69.99%.  I add the .99% because some of my questions have partially correct answers and someone could get 69.5% and still not pass but get passing feedback if the boundary is 69% ('cuz their score is higher than 69%, if only by .5%). You don't want them to see their points/percentage, turn points off in review options.

And as for grade book display...you can always hide it or set it to letter grades and then modify the letter grade rubric. 

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Quantum Drive -
Hi Melanie,

Thanks for your reply

I have modified the letters as 100% - 90% as A, 90% to 70% as B and 70% less as C.

I have 3 quiz every module but if a student gets A in the 1st quiz then he doesn't have to do the rest 2 quiz.

If a student gets B in 1st quiz then he has to give the 2nd quiz also and if he gets A in 2nd quiz then he doesn't have to do the 3rd quiz. 

Now out here if the student is giving 2 quiz to finish the module then i don't want to give him A grade because he completed the module on the 2nd quiz. 

Same if he finishes the module on the 3rd quiz then i don't want to give him A or B grade.....He should get C grade because he took 3 quiz to complete the module.

Any idea how can i go about this that only the student who finishes on the 1st quiz gets an A grade?

Thank You 

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Pretty sure you are just going to have to grade them manually.  You could try putting the three quizzes in a category and  doing a calculation but the calculation is very limited (no if statements) so I doubt you will be able to achieve this.

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Maybe what you really want is adaptive mode where subsequent question attempts are worth less than initial correct answers?  I don't use adaptive mode but I think you might be able to get something like that using it...but it would only be one quiz, not 3. If quiz 2 and quiz 3 are totally different quizzes, this would not work, but if it is an attempts thing...