Comments and grades of asignments via email

Comments and grades of asignments via email

by Carsten Peters -
Number of replies: 6
Dear all,

I understand that when grading and commenting an asignmente both the grade and the comment are sent to the student via email.

Is it possible to configure moodle so the student may access the comment and grade, however, she will not receive any email?

Regards,
Carsten
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carsten Peters

Re: Comments and grades of asignments via email

by Christos Katsanos -
I am also trying to find a way to do this because my students compain about their mail box getting too long smile

Thanks in advance

In reply to Christos Katsanos

by Tim Allen -
Hi there,

Go into the assignment configuration screen to set whether students receive an email or not when their work is graded.

Tim.
In reply to Tim Allen

by Christos Katsanos -
Dear TIm,
    Thanks for your answer but i can't really find any setting to configure this. The only setting I have found is to configure whether teachers will get an email notification or not, when students upload files. Could you please give me the path to follow or a print screen to find the setting you refer to?
    Maybe some info will help:
    I am using Moodle 1.5.2 and I am relatively new to moodle (using it for 2 months now). I have created some assignments  (8 to be exact) of type "File Upload".

Thanks again.
In reply to Tim Allen

by Bob Puffer -
I, too would be interested in where this functionality resides -- its been mentioned a few times but I've never found it.
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Tim Allen -
Hi guys,

I just had a closer look and realized that this feature is only available in the Upload and Review Assignment plugin developed by Michael Penney's group at Humboldt State.

The standard assignment types only have the option for emailling the teacher, you are right.   It would be nice if this could be added.

See the screenshot:

Attachment MoodUpldRvwConfigScrn.png
In reply to Tim Allen

by Christos Katsanos -
Thanks again Tim,
    I guess for now i will download and install the plugin you mentioned smile. I also believe that it should be added in the assignment module.

Best Regards