Error Writing to Database - Quizzes

Error Writing to Database - Quizzes

by Sandy Stockholm -
Number of replies: 0

Hello,

We are using 3.2+; recently I made some updates to activity completion and additional restrict access settings to quizzes in one course. I did this last Friday (4.14) and on 4.19 started experiencing issues with quizzes sitewide.

Today I had a student in the course that was changed which may have coincided with our issues. We did not experience more users than normal on 4.19 but the swap in the server memory was extremely high.

Our original error message "Error Database connection failed. It is possible that the database is overloaded or otherwise not running properly. The site administrator should also check that the database details have been correctly specified in config.php."

This error appeared while trying to access our front page/domain.

I have a developer working on this. Would it help to unlock activity completion in the course where I made changes? I am not opposed to deleting the course and starting over; but unsure this would help our issues. We also have a backup from Sunday, which I assume would work properly since it was working properly at that time. However, we would lose four days of student data.

I may have underestimated "unexpected behavior."

We have now set our site to delete student data after 18 months, previously it was never. Now when trying to access a quiz, the site locks up -- tries to load and doesn't get anywhere after a couple of minutes so I close the browser. The error message I received after that was "error reading from database."

Now it appears the server is down. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. The webhost was having server issues today/4.19 with another server, which was supposed to be unrelated to ours.

Average of ratings: -