Reporting with several teachers

Reporting with several teachers

by Jason X -
Number of replies: 3

I have a course with one teacher. I'd like to branch this out so that multiple teachers can be included in the course but I need a reporting system set up where only the teachers can view the grades of the students that have signed up under them.

What's the easiest approach to this? Is there something similar to what I am trying to achieve, maybe where the student can select which teacher they are going to take the course under? I'd like to try and limit as many courses as possible... trying not to have 4 courses that are the same but with different teachers.

Thanks! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason X

Re: Reporting with several teachers

by m question -

see this thread, you will need to use separate groups and you will need to change some of the editing teacher capabilities

In reply to m question

by Jason X -

Appreciate the response. Definitely going this route but is there a way so that the student doesn't have to choose the teacher on every course? Is it possible to use the custom fields in registration so they can choose the group option already in registration?

In reply to Jason X

by m question -
if I understand your request well, you need the student to choose the same teacher for all 4 courses 

you might use enrolment key, which will be the same in your case for same teacher in all 4 courses.

if student want to register to teacher x in all courses, they must enter teacher x enrolment key that you provided it to them to enrol themselves to the correct group