Fordson Moodle 3.3 Version

Re: Fordson Moodle 3.3 Version

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Emma,

I now have two published versions of Fordson.  One for 3.2 and one for 3.3 in the repository.

https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=theme_fordson

These are both Fordson version 1.4.3.

I also updated our Moodle sandbox to Moodle 3.3Beta and I am running the latest version of Fordson and Easy Enrollment plugin:  http://moodlesandbox.dearbornschools.org/

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Chris,

Any chance of adding Grades and Participants to the This Course dropdown for students?  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Chris Kenniburg -

Are you trying to eliminate the Nav Drawer?  Those two links are in the nav drawer.  I don't know that having the links in two spots would be beneficial as it now creates two places to look for the same link.  We are trying to eliminate that.  If you wanted to maintain a hack to Fordson I could send you code to put in a file and it would just make those links show up in the menu.

PS.  Thanks for helping me stumble into the new Course Management folding menu!  It is a hit.  

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, you are right.  I had closed the nav drawer and totally forgot about it!!  The course management menu is awesome - glad to have helped (not sure what I actually did - think it was all you really!!)

by Hartmut Scherer -

Students love to have everything in one place. Adding Grades and Participants to "This course" would accomplish this. I can't imagine that this will confuse students. They are used to redundancy in a learning platform. After some time they probably leave the navigation drawer closed. The icon of the navigation drawer in the top navigation bar doesn't hurt. 

I don't see any reason to justify or eliminate the navigation drawer but a good reason for adding Grades and Participants to "This course" because it will provide a better user experience.

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Chris Kenniburg -

If I can find a way to eliminate these links from the nav drawer I'd take another look at the putting them in This Course. 

We are very focused on trying to make sure we don't have multiple ways to get to the same place.  

Another option is to put the links to the sections/weeks into a scrollable dropdown next to This Course and eliminate the nav drawer entirely.

We are considering options, however, we kinda like the nav drawer.  I am waiting in feedback this summer and next fall to see if we need to make drastic changes.  The nice thing of the drawer is you can leave it visible whereas the drop down hides itself.