Exporter class missing required data - Competency breakdown report error

Exporter class missing required data - Competency breakdown report error

by Joanne Dodd -
Number of replies: 10

Hi there, 

I have Manager level access to Moodle and have constructed two courses with competencies and associated learning plans.  When trying to run the Competency Breakdown Report I get the following error message.  (That I don't understand!)

If this is something I can fix then screenshots and/or basic instructions will be great.  If my site administrator needs to fix it then he's a programmer and should understand the more complex coding language.  

Please help! 

Regards

Joanne

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joanne Dodd

Re: Competency Breakdown Overall Report

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Joanne -which version of Moodle are you using? 3.1? Do the learning plans of your students have evidence attached to them?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Competency Breakdown Overall Report

by Joanne Dodd -

Hi Mary, 

I think it's the latest version (I didn't install it).  Most of the competencies have 'request review' assigned to them, the others are set to automatically register competence on viewing the linked activity.   

In reply to Joanne Dodd

Error when viewing competency breakdown report

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The error you see is reported in this tracker issue MDL-53818. However, this was fixed for 3.1 so I'm not sure why you are seeing this. Perhaps you can get your admin to turn on debugging and we can see a more detailed error report?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Error when viewing competency breakdown report

by Joanne Dodd -

Hi Mary, 

Further information from my IT guy regarding debugging report.  I don't know that it means and I'm not sure if he knows either.  

Any assistance greatly appreciated. 

Regards

Joanne

In reply to Joanne Dodd

Exporter class missing required data error in Competency breakdown report

by Mary Cooch -

I'm going to split your post as it is slightly different from the original thread and change the title in the hope that one of our competency experts sees it - I am not a developer so I can't help with the error message I am afraid, except that it does look very similar to MDL-53818 which seems to have been fixed a long while ago.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Exporter class missing required data error in Competency breakdown report

by Joanne Dodd -

Thanks Mary.  Fingers crossed we can come to some resolution. 

In reply to Mary Cooch

Error when viewing competency breakdown report

by Joanne Dodd -

Hi Mary, 

Are you (or anyone else?) able to shed some light on this error please?  I can rate competencies individually by going through them student by student but I can't see any overviews of competencies that allow us to quickly assess where our trainees are at.  

Any assistance greatly appreciated. 

(Edited by Mary Cooch - original submission Tuesday, 11 April 2017, 3:59 AM)

In reply to Joanne Dodd

Re: Error when viewing competency breakdown report

by Joanne Dodd -

Further to my previous messages I have discovered that when I create new courses the Competency Breakdown report is working. I don't know why.  I don't know if the other courses can be edited somehow to fix this issue?

I have also noticed for ALL of the courses that the people assigned as teachers (or higher) do not have "Competencies to Review" showing up in the Learning Plans.  (screenshot from Moodle docs below).  Their Learning Plan windows look the same as the students. 

I found something in MoodleDocs about a capability "moodle/competency:usercompetencyreview" but could not find that in the list of permissions in my courses.  I'm not sure if that's relevant?

In essence for two of the courses the only way we can tell how far through the competencies our students are is to login as the student and look through the competencies, note them down if they have requested a review then log out, login as ourself and manually rate each competency by going through the lists.  

I saw something about a Learning Plan Viewer Plug In.  Is that a feasible fix for any of the above?  

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, I have put so many hours into building these course that the thought of having to rebuild them is somewhat alarming.  

In reply to Joanne Dodd

Re: Exporter class missing required data - Competency breakdown report error

by Damyon Wiese -
Thanks for posting and providing the debugging information. I created MDL-58656 - it seems there is some wrong code there to do with loading of scales.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Damyon Wiese

Re: Exporter class missing required data - Competency breakdown report error

by Joanne Dodd -

Thanks Damyon.  I have forwarded the link to my IT guy.  smile