How to restrict access to activities for part of the TEACHERS

How to restrict access to activities for part of the TEACHERS

by Ruth Horak -
Number of replies: 2

Hello everybody,

greetings from Denmark!

I have recently taken over our Moodle site (version 3.1.5+) as the administrator. We use Moodle both as Learning Management System for our students, but also as intranet for the staff.

As such, teachers working within specific areas need spaces where they can work without interference from others. This means I have to allocate rooms (activities) to groups of teachers for internal communication only. How can I add restrictions for TEACHERS? 

Or alternatively, how can I grant access to a limited group of only 4 teachers? 

I'd be interested to know how to restrict complete courses as well as activities (e.g. a Forum).

Your help will be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Ruth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ruth Horak

Re: How to restrict access to activities for part of the TEACHERS

by Paula Clough -

Hello Ruth,

Just remember that staff in the school can be students in another course. I actually used to recommend that each principal have a course for their staff.  This could serve as a communication tool for the entire staff and even have files posted as resources for forms that the staff might need.  The only "teacher" role would be the school principal or someone they designated to maintain the course. They could group their staff by grade level, subject level or anything they wanted and make additional forums just for those groups using the restrict access feature to restrict access to those forums only to the groups involved and have a place to communicate without the entire staff getting involved.  They can share files and websites through the forum, so there is quite a bit of possible use.

If a group needs to work on curriculum and actually build Moodle activities etc. I would then build a separate work place for just those working on the project so that they could all be teachers in that course.  

I hope that helps.  cool

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Paula Clough

Ang: Re: How to restrict access to activities for part of the TEACHERS

by Ruth Horak -

Thank you!