Add Login form to home page

Add Login form to home page

by Dave Kennedy -
Number of replies: 15
How is the Login form added to the Moodle.org home page?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Kennedy

Re: Add Login form to home page

by Julian Ridden -
this is simply just a login block
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Dave Kennedy -
How is the login block added? Do you have a sample theme with the login block included?
In reply to Dave Kennedy

by Julian Ridden -

I am not sure what version you are using. I belive this block is in 1.5 upward. Don't know about 1.4.

You can see the block used on my site at http://montenet.monte.nsw.edu.au

To add it, I just logged in as admin, turned editing on and added the block. Simple as that.

Let me know if you are still having issues

by Dave Kennedy -

Version 1.5.3

The login block appears on the login page,

www.familycentred.ca/cms/login/index.php

but not on the home page

www.familycentred.ca/cms

Is the theme used on moodle.org available to download

In reply to Dave Kennedy

by Timothy Takemoto -

It has nothing to do wit the theme. You just need to add the block, as per Julian's instructions.

by Chris Stauffer -

I seem to be running into a similar problem, and hoping you gurus will be able to help =)

Moodle 1.5.2

Im wanting to add in a login block to the main page, "Login" doesnt show up in the block add list menu. However "Login" does show up in the list when i goto Configuration > Blocks. It does have an open eye next to it, but seems to make no difference.

I can click the eye on other block items, and they dissapear, or appear from the Blocks add menu...Just no luck with "Login Block".

Any suggestions?

-Chris

In reply to Dave Kennedy

by Timothy Takemoto -
The login form is a block, it should be part of the basic install on recent moodle's. It may perhaps not be visible by default (I think that it is). If so you would need to go to administration->blocks and click the closed eye on the login block row. There has also been a report of a language difficulty in that, if you are using a language other than English the block may not show up due perhaps to the lack of a translation of its name in other languages. If the login block is not in the blocks folder of your moodle install you could try downloading moodle 1.5.2 in which it is included and uploading it but., if it is not there then that may be because your moodle version is so old as to be not compatible with it anyway.
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Data Ferret -
Hi all

I am 100% new to Moodle so forgive me if this seems a little obvious to you. I followed the instructions in this thread to add a login box to the moodle site. The version I am using is 1.5.3 and the login blocks are there. I turned editing on, added the login block and checked it shows in admin (it does). But...

The login block does not show the login box and password box when editing is turned on - just the login block itself.

The login block does not show at all on my home page when editing is turned off.

What am I doing wrong?
In reply to Data Ferret

by Timothy Takemoto -
Dear Data Ferret
The behaviour you report is probably simply because you are logged in.

When you are logged in and editing is off then it disappears completely.
When you are logged in and editing in is on then it appears without the boxes.
Tim
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Data Ferret -
Hi Timothy

Thanks for the reply and explanation. Doh - guess how stupid I feel blush
In reply to Data Ferret

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Data Ferret (with a cool name!)

Please don't feel stupid - as I've said before there are so many tricks in Moodle it's a challenge to spot them all!
In reply to Helen Foster

by Simon Bryan -
Have just made the same mistake! However now how do I remove the login box from the header? Do I have to edit the theme?

In reply to Simon Bryan

by mike cockburn -

Hi Simon,

you need to remove it in the HEADER.HTML of your theme.

At least, that's how it looks to me!

Eg:  </td>
  <!-- <td align="right" valign="middle"><div class="headermenu"><?php echo $menu ?></div></td> -->
 </tr>

Regards

Mike

In reply to mike cockburn

by Randy Ahn -
Found this thread because I also cannot add the login block to my front page. arrggh. With editing on, config>blocks -- I see the login block but it is showing 0 instances. So even if you click the eye icon -- it doesn't display anything. Did I screw up the install? Thanks. How do I add an instance of the block?
In reply to Randy Ahn

by Randy Ahn -
uh duh, I just scrolled down further and saw the add block list box. lol blush