Competency showing as proficient at system level but not in course

Competency showing as proficient at system level but not in course

by Richard Hall -
Number of replies: 1

I was testing competencies yesterday and linked an Assignment in a course to a competency.

The competency is in a learning plan and that learning plan is assigned to the students in the course.

On completion of the Assignment (must submit), I have set the Competency action to "send for review"

As part of the testing, I logged in as a student and submitted an assignment.

The administrator was then prompted to review the competency for that student and marked them as Competent (Proficient), also adding a small comment in the description.

On reviewing the Learning Plan via the Learning plan templates for that user, it is marked as complete (see attached 1).

However, when going into the course and viewing the Competency breakdown report, the competency is marked as not complete for that same user (see attached 2). On clicking on the specific competency, there is no record of the Admin's comment nor that the competency is marked as complete (see attached 3).

I would have expected the competency to be marked to complete in the Course breakdown report - is this a bug?

Thanks in advance

Rich

Attachment attached 1.png
Attachment attached 2.png
Attachment attached 3.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Hall

Re: Competency showing as proficient at system level but not in course

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I suspect this is because the competency was not rated by the teacher inside the course but by an admin with permissions outside of the course. Remember learning plans and competencies exist outside of courses. See Competencies FAQ and the question 

The learning plan shows all competencies met but the course competencies screen shows some are still incomplete