Upgraded to 3.2 from 2.8 SCORM not working

Upgraded to 3.2 from 2.8 SCORM not working

by Dave Emsley -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All,

You're going to LOVE this one.

I've upgraded to 3.2 from 2.8 and moved to a new server - all in one go (how brave am I wink ).

Anyway SCORM packages don't run, they just open the window as expected and... nothing.  White screen, not even a loading icon.

However if I download from the course the SCORM package and re-upload it as a new activity it works fine.  I don't want to lose the results by doing this.

Is there anything I can do?

Cheers

Dave

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Emsley

Re: Upgraded to 3.2 from 2.8 SCORM not working

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would guess that maybe they corrupted in the transfer process.  I would try (after backing up of course) doing a rsync with your moodledata folders and see if those files will come across correctly.  Often scorm packages are a large file size and that might be part of the issue.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mick Mullane -

Did the URL of the server change?

In reply to Mick Mullane

by Dave Emsley -

Hi Mike, yes the URL changed.  Will that have affected them?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mick Mullane -

Did the URL of the server change?

Hi Dave, 

yes I think this makes a difference.  The http references in moodle get written right through system and if you change URLs sometimes this isn't reflected in all of the code in the new system - so the new install may be looking files that are referenced with the old systems name.  You may notice some images are missing and odd little things like that.

So your new moodle may think that your SCORM files are located on 'old_system.moodle.com' and when the new system references to that it can't find them.

To get round this there is a scarily powerful find and replace tool to find all references to the old system and change them to reflect the new system address.  It should be under admin>tools - but be very careful and think through the changes you are requesting.  Especially if the new URL is similar to the old.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)