Turn editing On button - Help Required

Turn editing On button - Help Required

by Hina Qaisar -
Number of replies: 5

Turn editing On button is showing in course page to authenticated users in Moodle. I have tried editing authenticated users permissions but it is still there. Seems like some permissions are overriding but i can't set it to default.

Turn editing On is showing to authenticated Users

In the reports setting, capability block is showing following line: moodle/course:update: Update course settings. What can Be the issue? Please Help, It's urgent

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hina Qaisar

Re: Turn editing On button - Help Required

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

This is almost certainly a problem with the permissions you have set. The default permissions do work out of the box - so...

• Have you changed any permission for any role? If so, what?
  • Have you overridden any role in any context?
  • Have you allocated any role at system level?

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Also, how are you testing this? If you are using 'login as...' then log out and test again as a real user - it may well be picking up your admin capabilities when logged in as.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Hina Qaisar -
I was loging in as a user in different browser, i fixed the issue by

changing following permissions to prohibit

don't exactly know which one was causing the issue

moodle/comment:post

moodle/comment:view

moodle/course:sectionvisibility

moodle/course:viewhiddensections

moodle/rating:viewall

moodle/rating:viewany

block/online_users:viewlist

block/site_main_menu:addinstance

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Richard Oelmann (via Moodle.org) <
In reply to Hina Qaisar

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Please don’t take this as an insult - it’s really not intended as such, but I know that it’s going to come across in the wrong way sad Please take in the spirit in which it is offered, that of constructive criticism.

You’ve obviously changed the permissions of one of the roles at some point previously, which is now allowing a button to be visible to people who shouldn’t normally see it. You’ve now prohibited some capabilities in a fairly arbitrary manner - that is, you don’t know which capability you have changed actually affects the issue you had originally.

Changing permissions without understand the implication of the change is one of the things that will really screw up your Moodle installation.

If you can remember what you changed originally and why - it will be relatively easy to troubleshoot this for you and get it working the way you expect. If not, you ARE going to continue to have problems in the future.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Hina Qaisar -
thank you. i appriciate your advise.

On Apr 11, 2017 8:55 PM, "Jon Bolton (via Moodle.org)" <noreply@moodle.org>