Quiz attempts not showing v3.0.9

Quiz attempts not showing v3.0.9

by Ericka E. -
Number of replies: 5

Hey all!  I have a quick question.  In one quiz in a course the attempts for the quiz aren't showing.  If I log in as a student who has completed the quiz, I can view the attempt and see that it has been submitted, but when logged in as an instructor I don't see any attempts.  Grades are also not showing up in the gradebook.

I can't seem to find any restricted access setting pertaining to grades in the quiz settings, so I'm not sure what's going on here.  Permissions for the instructor role are set up properly, so I'm at a loss.  See screenshots for reference.

Attachment attempts showing.png
Attachment attempts.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ericka E.

Re: Quiz attempts not showing v3.0.9

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Are you switching role to student, or logging in as a student?

Have other students taken the quiz, or are you still testing it?

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Ericka E. -

Hi Jon,

I'm in the course as a manger, but have also enrolled as an instructor and looked under that role.  The quiz has been taken by the students in the course and closed a few days ago (apr. 7).  If I log in as one of the students in the course, I can access their individual attempt.

In reply to Ericka E.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is this problem specific to this quiz or all quizzes?  What if you log in as the teacher in the course?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ericka E. -

Hi Emma, specific to this quiz only.  Even if I log in as the instructor I cannot see results or a report from the quiz in question.  I've compared locally assigned roles and permissions for the trouble-child quiz with one that is working, and everything is set the same.  I'm pretty stumped. 

I have even tried exporting the grades to an excel doc, backed up the quiz with user information and grade history and tried restoring it into a sandbox course, etc. all without any luck.

In reply to Ericka E.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In the quiz reports, can you try changing the "Attempts from" setting to "all users who have attempted the quiz" and see if that reveals anything.