Moodle custom app for iOS.

Moodle custom app for iOS.

by priscillah balirwa -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom moodle mobile app for iOS . Tried searching for guides on how to do this but didn't find any useful ones. The  guides i get take me as far as installing x-code and don't know how to proceed from here. Please help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to priscillah balirwa

Re: Moodle custom app for iOS.

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi priscillah

Are you talking about making a customised version of the official Moodle Mobile app, or making a completely separate iOS app to communicate with Moodle?

If the first one, they have a guide for setting up your development environment and some developer documentation.

If the second one, this is primarily a forum for Moodle development discussion, so you'll need to look elsewhere for general help with iOS development, but the Moodle side of things would be achieved through the Web Services.  I would recommend you look at the official app first though, if you haven't.

In reply to Mark Johnson

Re: Moodle custom app for iOS.

by priscillah balirwa -

Hi Mark,

I'm talking about the first option. I have successfully customized the official moodle app for android but not iOS. Thanks for the links, let me try again following those guidelines.