One 'free' account only?

One 'free' account only?

by Kathleen Zarubin -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I know this might sound greedy - but I am wondering if there is any plans to increase the number of free moodle accounts a person can have? I have my own and I love it ...  but I want to set up 2 more for 'examples' / demonstrations ...  

I also know $80 a year isn't really much money and could be seen as an investment -  but I am just wondering if there are any plans to allow people to have more than one free account anytime in the near future 

cheers and thanks  

రేటింగుల సగటు: -
In reply to Kathleen Zarubin

Re: One 'free' account only?

by Chris Reid -

Hi Kathleen,

Great to hear you are loving your MoodleCloud!

Our current policy of one Free site per person and they is no plan to change this.  We want to make sure we can offer a Free site to as many people as possible so we need to have this limit. 

Upgrading to Starter (or Moodle for School) will allow you to create another Free site.  If you are needing more out of you MoodleCloud sites, we'd encourage you to upgrade and help support the MoodleCloud platform.

Thanks
Chris

In reply to Chris Reid

Re: One 'free' account only?

by Kathleen Zarubin -

Thanks Chris!  I appreciate this reply and the purpose as well చిర్నవ్వు   -  I am a little 'confused' or in 2 minds I think ...  - As I understand it, if I upgrade my own currently free Moodle cloud to a paid site - then I could set up (another) free 'site' that would be linked to my Account (portal) - thereby having then 2 sites - 

a) my 'current one' which is Free now - but then will be a paid site and 

b) the 2nd site - which would then be the one free site 

What I would really want to do is set up a whole new account (portal) that could belong to 'me and a colleague' jointly - and have one or more 'sites' attached to that Account (understanding that if had more than 1 site the 2nd one would need to be a paid site) 

I tried to do this - with a new and different email address -  but when I entered my mobile phone number the system said 'this number is already connected to a 'site' ....   and I understand this is probably to help manage people not having more than one free site (which again i completely understand! and I am grateful of even being able to have 1 free site చిర్నవ్వు ....   

At the moment, it seems like the easiest thing to do will be to have the 2 sites attached to my account (portal) - mine upgraded and paid for and then the 'example' site we are trying to develop as the free site (I will make my colleague an administrator) ....  But if there is a way now or in the future - to be able to set up a new separate 'account' ...  that would be great - cheers & thanks again,  Kathleen