How do I display "Category and Items"? How do I display the Grade Item edit icon?

How do I display "Category and Items"? How do I display the Grade Item edit icon?

by Marcelo Rodrigues -
Number of replies: 2

Hello everyone, (version 3.0.8)

Please, please help me with one more question:

1- When I click on the Block, Course Administration and then on "Grades", I can not find "Category and Items". Does it still exist in version 3.0.8? How do you make it appear?

2- I can not edit a "Grade Item". I click on the "Grade Report", I turn on the edit, but the "gear" icon does not appear, which would be used to edit the "Grade Item". How to make it appear?

3 - Sorry, we know that Moodle is a wonderful work and has helped many students and teachers ... but this new Gradebook, is a terror for us.

Thank you very much, Marcelo.

In reply to Marcelo Rodrigues

Re: How do I display "Category and Items"? How do I display the Grade Item edit icon?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Categories and items is now called Gradebook Setup and has a direct link in the later Moodle versions in the admin menu and still accessible through the dropdown list/tabs from grades link.

You should read the documentation.  There are lot of new features in the gradebook include a single view feature which is accessible when you click on the edit icon by the activity name in the gradebook.

The icon for editing the grade from the gradebook should still be there.  Have you tried switching themes?  Perhaps you are using a customized theme...

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: How do I display "Category and Items"? How do I display the Grade Item edit icon?

by Marcelo Rodrigues -

Hello Teacher Emma, (Version 3.0.8)

Many thanks again for helping me! Thank you for your attention and for your patience!

I apologize for the delay in responding to your message and thanking you for your precious explanations. Thank you very much!

After your precious help I was able to perform several actions within the GradeBook.

And I would like to leave a little tutorial, if there are others like me, who do not understand the GradeBook well, can guide you to understand it.

This is how I have done the actions within the GradeBook:

1- To act on "Grade Category", "Grade Item" and on Activities:

1.1- Enter Moodle and then click on the course

1.2- Go to: Course Management >> GradeBook Configuration

2- To delete a Grade Category :

Click on the "Edit" menu and then "Delete" All elements within the "Grade Category" will be deleted, with the exception of activities.

To delete activities: Activate the edit and then on the activity menu click on "Edit" and then click delete.

Always be careful to delete any items.

3- To add a multiplying factor:

Go to the activity where you want to put the multiplier and click on the "Edit" menu of the activity. On the new screen, click on "Show More" and the location for the multiplying factor will appear.

4-To unlock "Grade Category", "Grade Item" and Activities:

It can be done like this:

4.1- Within GradeBook Configuration, change to "Grade Report" in the box in the drop-down menu.

4.2- Click on "Activate Editing"

4.3- Note that there is an item called "controls", follow your line and see that on each element ("Grade Item", Activities and etc.) there are a number of small icons. Move the mouse over each of them to find out the function they perform.

4.4- To unlock, simply click on the "lock" of the item to be unlocked.

4.5- There is a hierarchy, so if the "Grade Category" is blocked, to unlock any elements within it, first unlock the "Grade Category", then act on the other elements within it.

4.6 - If there are calculations involving some other "Grade Item", this other one also needs to be unblocked.

Thank you very much! Marcelo.