Plugins traffic

Turn around time for approving plugin reviews

Me at the Moodle Moot NZ11
Turn around time for approving plugin reviews
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Not totally sure this is the best place to post - but it's probably useful for others here too ... Question: how long does it take for plugin reviews to be 'approved' ?

I added a couple around 3 weeks ago, and they have "Waiting for publishing" next to them.

(I should probably know this, because I'm supposed to be a 'plugin guardian' - although 'lapsed' (embarrassed face!) ... I'm making an effort to review some of the newer plugins smile

Stu

Average of ratings: -
Picture of David Mudrák
Re: Turn around time for approving plugin reviews
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developersGroup Plugins guardiansGroup TestersGroup Translators

Way too long - https://moodle.org/plugins/queue.php

At this very moment, the "oldest" plugin in the approval queue has been waiting for 51 days. It is far less than acceptable and I am aware of it. However, as you yourself know very well, all the attempts to gather more human resources (via partners, via guardians etc) had just temporary effect. Offloading the review duties onto the core developers does not seem to work well, too. So that's how it is.

I would really like not to give up on the well set quality review standards we have set up in the Plugins directory. I believe they prove to make the directory a reliable source of non-rubbish Moodle plugins.

You might want to be a pioneer and jump in to a "review two, get reviewed one" campaign wink

Average of ratings: Useful (3)

Hi David

Yes, I totally understand the back-log.

It would feel a little strange to approve my own Reviews (although obviously I'm happy to do that if you say I can?) - I've added 12 in the last month.  Like you, I believe these DO really help, and add a lot of value to the Plugins database itself - I don't mean 'mine' - I mean all contributed Reviews !  lol

I'm planning on adding another 20-30 reviews or so in the next month or two, so anything I can do to make this process a bit quicker or easier I'm happy to dedicate a little time smile

Stu

Picture of David Mudrák
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developersGroup Plugins guardiansGroup TestersGroup Translators

Oh lord, please ignore me. What I said above applies to plugins approval reviews. I did not realize you were referring to publishing the submitted plugins reviews. My bad, sorry. I'll check the situation about those.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Thanks smile