I'm pleased to announce after grateful funding by Gemma Lesterhuis of images for the course category tiles, new releases of Essential for Moodle 3.1 and 3.2:
M3.1 - V22.214.171.124: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=13586
M3.2 - V126.96.36.199: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=13587
Both contain the following changes:
- FIX: Issue #817: Incorrect header closing tags in header title area.
- FIX: Issue #818: Fix Apple touch icon.
- FIX: Issue #819: Site summary in the header: element div not allowed as child of element h2 in this context.
- FIX: Font-awesome icon for the recycle bin.
- FIX: Font-awesome icon for the repositories.
- FIX: MyCourses default icon.
- FIX: Font-awesome users icon.
- FIX: Duplicate socialheading id and redundant profileheading id.
- NEW: Issue #622: Custom category icon images. Gratefully funded by Gemma Lesterhuis.
The M3.3 version is now underway and if you wish to test it with 3.3dev (Build: 20170331) or above then you can get the code from the 'master' branch on GitHub: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential. It contains the same functionality as 188.8.131.52. I have already updated the theme to use the new core FontAwesome support bar font serving and CSS as that will enable faster updates than core Moodle releases can achieve for enhancements. I must stress that this is 'alpha' code and likely to have lots of bugs / issues.
To report any issues with these versions, please use this thread in the first instance and please follow the 'Forum rules' at the top of the forum.
If you find this post useful, then please mark it so.