Essential updated for M3.1 and 3.2 plus 3.3 news

Essential updated for M3.1 and 3.2 plus 3.3 news

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce after grateful funding by Gemma Lesterhuis of images for the course category tiles, new releases of Essential for Moodle 3.1 and 3.2:

M3.1 - V3.1.1.9: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=13586

M3.2 - V3.2.1.1: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=13587

Both contain the following changes:

- FIX: Issue #817: Incorrect header closing tags in header title area.
- FIX: Issue #818: Fix Apple touch icon.
- FIX: Issue #819: Site summary in the header: element div not allowed as child of element h2 in this context.
- FIX: Font-awesome icon for the recycle bin.
- FIX: Font-awesome icon for the repositories.
- FIX: MyCourses default icon.
- FIX: Font-awesome users icon.
- FIX: Duplicate socialheading id and redundant profileheading id.
- NEW: Issue #622: Custom category icon images.  Gratefully funded by Gemma Lesterhuis.

The M3.3 version is now underway and if you wish to test it with 3.3dev (Build: 20170331) or above then you can get the code from the 'master' branch on GitHub: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential.  It contains the same functionality as 3.2.1.1.  I have already updated the theme to use the new core FontAwesome support bar font serving and CSS as that will enable faster updates than core Moodle releases can achieve for enhancements.  I must stress that this is 'alpha' code and likely to have lots of bugs / issues.

To report any issues with these versions, please use this thread in the first instance and please follow the 'Forum rules' at the top of the forum.

If you find this post useful, then please mark it so.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Er: Essential updated for M3.1 and 3.2 plus 3.3 news

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Gareth,

I'm not sure if it's a bug but I've just upgraded our test site from Moodle 3.2.1 & Essential 3.2.1.0 to Moodle 3.2.2 & Essential 3.2.1.1, and I've realized that after the upgrade the block regions on the left and right sides of the front page have gone and all the blocks there have gone to the Footer Middle block:

Left block region disappeared and blocks gone to footer middle region

I've tried drag&dropping the blocks back to their place but that region's dotted square doesn't show up.

Left regions' dotted square not showing up when drag&dropping

I've also tried configuring those blocks' but the region there hasn't been changed (it's still "Left"):

Configuring the blocks they are set Region=Left

The left and right regions are still shown as usual on course pages, module pages and so on.

Can you replicate this issue? If you need more information ask for it, ok?

In reply to Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai

Re: Er: Essential updated for M3.1 and 3.2 plus 3.3 news

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Iñigo,

The front-page has never (I looked as far back as the M2.7 version) had a 'right' region.  Also the default region is the same, being 'side-pre' for 'Left' in LTR.  That region is showing for me in testing.  And when I add a block it goes to the 'Left' (side-pre) as it should.  Therefore cannot replicate.  Have you changed anything?

G

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Er: Re: Er: Essential updated for M3.1 and 3.2 plus 3.3 news

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -

Sorry, Gareth, you're right, there only was a left region in the front page, and that's the one that has disappeared.

I've seen that it only happens when an admin user is logged in, a regular user can se the blocks in the left region as usual, but it seems to happen with other themes too (at least with Clean), so it seems it's not a Essential issue but MDL-35913, sorry again.

In reply to Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai

Re: Er: Re: Er: Essential updated for M3.1 and 3.2 plus 3.3 news

by Gareth J Barnard -

No worries Iñigo, but 4.5 years for a bug fix!!!